The other day while in the elevator on the way back up to our room, I realized what can only be described as an unavoidable truth. I have been at the Residence Inn way too long. How can you tell? To help, I made a list called *drumroll please*
YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN AT THE RI TOO LONG WHEN...
1. When you begin experimenting with the continental breakfast- i.e. a toasted english muffin with sausage, scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes and cheese sauce. Putting coffee flavorings in the waffle batter.
2. When you know every housekeeper and staff member's name.
3. When you KNOW who the noisy neighbor next door is, and see them every day at social hour.
4. When the receptionist asks you, on a daily basis, how your school day was.
5. When a majority of your meals are from the lobby area, costco or walmart.
6. When you start writing lists about all the weird stuff that comes from living here.
7. When you've been here over thirteen days and know there's only thirteen more to look forward to.
8. When you race around the elevator like a crazy person just for the heck of it.
9. When you realize the housekeeping lady must get very irritated at your habit of leaving layers of clothing on your side of the room. (I alone have this problem)
10. When there is not only a neighbor dog, but you know it's name and breed.
Some of these things haven't happened to me. Sad to say, many have. And, number 7 being very true indeed, I will have many more things to write about our stay at residence inn. Wish us luck, and good luck to all the schoolgoing viewers back home!
Sunday, September 2, 2007
First here, I would like to publicly thank all who participated in my quizzes- as of right now, 79 people took the Marvel one, and 33 the Van Helsing one!. And yes, Taylor Jeanne is Bella. (But call me Edward and you will regret it dearly!)
Having completed our first week of classes, we are now enjoying a long stretch of dull days. And how wonderful dull can be! I'm writing from a brand new laptop, so any little quirks that pop up are probably a result of the new keyboard. I'm getting better though! Above you will find some pictures of us relaxing around the room. Note that everybody appears to be in one piece, Mitchell is still a hard-core gamer, and I appear to be lacking arms! (What I was actually lacking was a photographer, as it happens.) During our free time, the Nowakowskis typically cruise the countryside to get a better feel for the area, watch The Office and fine films such as The Avengers:Dr. Strange. Mitch and I sometimes watch The Next Greatest Superhero, but that's another story. However, with homework starting to pile up already, it gets harder and harder to relax. But, whether it takes a swim in the pool or run on the exercise bike, we all find ways to destress. I wish everybody back home a great start of school, and an excellent labor day weekend!
Posted by mradrz4evr at 4:32 PM